Friday, January 2, 2015

Changing Things Up

Well, as you can see, I thought it was about time to freshen up my blog.  It's been a while and sometimes change is good.  There was a time when I updated the header to suit my mood, the time of the year, or the holidays.  Though I probably won't do that, I will still do some tweaking.  Changing the layout was taking way too long to get just right, so for now, I will leave it as is.

 We had another day of gorgeous weather which I took full advantage of by walking for an hour and a half this morning.
Though I love the weather this time of the year and the fact that everything is growing and blooming, I still can't adjust to early nightfall.  We have the same 24 hours in the day and yet it just feels different.  Lots of people here walk at night, but when I walk, I am not just doing it for the exercise, I am doing it for the experience.  I want to see and explore.
With the first step, the number of shapes the walk might take is infinite, but then the walk begins to define itself as it goes along, though freedom remains total with each step: any tempting side road can be turned into an impulse, or any wild patch of woods can be explored.  The pattern of the walk is to come true, is to be recognized, discovered.
A.R. Ammons, A Poem is a Walk

We go back to school Sunday and I will miss these long meandering mornings, but am hoping to find time for some quick afternoon walks.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend,

18 comments:

Claudia said...

Gorgeous photos, Tammy. I think walking is one of the best things going - I love to walk in the city and look at all the buildings and people watch, too.

xo
Claudia

Lorrie said...

Your new blog look is great. Walking during the day is a great way to engage your world. Beautiful sunshiney photos that are most welcome on this grey drizzly day.

Sam I Am...... said...

BTW, I forgot to mention how much I love your new shoes! Your quote states that a poem is a walk but I think it's just the opposite....a walk is a poem...or both.
Love your pictures and the beautiful sidewalks there! Sorry you have to go back to work...I will pray that grace surrounds you as you work.

Teresa Kasner said...

I like the new look of your blog.. it's fun to do something new for the new year. I always enjoy seeing your walks as I live in such a different eco-system. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
Lovely outlay for your blog! You did well and I love your little photos. It takes time for doing it all!
Enjoy your walks, I remain inside as my bladder infection comes and goes and each long walk I kind of get punished... Hate that!
Love to you,
Mariette

Debby said...

Love those shoes. Have fun with the walks. It's dry here but very cold. Happy New Year.

Mereknits said...

I think your blog looks wonderful. I think I have to update mine soon, but I usually make my sister do it as I am crap on the computer. Love your walks, enjoy them before it gets too warm.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

Susan said...

Hi Tammy....

I admire your walking acumen.

The new header looks great!

Good luck going back to the "salt mines." (School).

Happy New Year, dear Tammy. Susan

Cheryl said...

Your photography is fabulous. You should submit your photos to magazines or something.... your great!

Draffin Bears said...

Happy New Year Tammy to you and your family. I like the new look to your blog and seeing all your gorgeous photos.
Best wishes for 2015 and thanks for the kind note you left me
hugs
Carolyn

Wanda said...

I really like your new header. I think I change mine too often, but I see something or take a picture and think that would be good...now go find some wall paper to match.

Your walk is so refreshing. I love the tree lined walkway.

Thanks for the walk... I feel better already.

Folkways Note Book said...

Wonderful that you had the opportunity to discover through your meanderings. When we slow down and "smell the roses" so to speak we not only get our bodies toned but so do we tone our minds. -- barbara

Aishwarya said...

Change is constant... and looking forward to change is excellent. People dont welcome change. Then find it difficult to adjust.. In your case you have been wanting change. So its a great quality

The blog is looking very nice.. Your pics as usual are beautiful...

Have a good day

Maya Kuzman said...

Love the changes you made -truly reflect the daily treasures you cherish!

Mosaic Magpie said...

I always love seeing your corner of the world.
Deb

Linda said...

Your blog layout looks nice!

A world of difference from where you are and where I am. I wonder if you'd walk daily if you lived here, lol, where it's presently in the 30s with a cold icy rain. Most days are like that here in the winter, so that's why most people just hibernate, except for the hardy most ones. I do like walking in the cold more than the heat, though I've gotten lazy about my daily walks and need to get back into it soon.

Have a great evening,
Linda

Amy at love made my home said...

It always amazes me how doing something that seems so simple to my blog takes me ages! When I made a new header last year it took me most of a day, so don't worry if it takes a while. Your new layout and look is great! xx

Vicki Boster said...

Tammy-- you take the best walk-- always sharing such lovely photos! I do love your new blog header-- I need to update mine too!

Love
Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...