Monday, January 14, 2013

What's for Dinner?

Black Bean and Spinach Quesadillas
Even my picky 14 year old exclaimed that they were really good!
Ingredients:  1/4 cup chopped onion; 10 oz package frozen spinach; 1 can black beans drained; 2 tsps lemon juice; 1 TBS olive oil; 1 tsp garlic powder; 1 tsp cumin; 1 tsp chili powder; salt to taste; flour tortillas; 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese.

Cook spinach in a bit of water just until thawed then drain well.  Saute onion in olive oil til wilted then add the spinach, black beans and lemon juice.  Add spices and cook 5-7 minutes or until heated through.  Spray a pan with cooking spray, place a tortilla in the pan and top  with cheese, then the spinach mixture, another layer of cheese and add another tortilla on top.  Cook on both sides until golden brown.  Serve with sour cream and salsa or enchilada sauce.

A friend sent me the recipe by email years ago so I don't know where it came from but it's quick and easy and oh so yummy.
Time to do some more stash busting.

Goodnight!

20 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for the idea, Tammy. I think I'll do something similar to this tonight, minus the spinach since I don't have that on hand, for just Sarah and I since we're alone tonight (Jim is away on business).

Happy new week to you,
Linda

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Looks delicious! I love black bean quesadillas but have never tried them with spinach.

Lorrie said...

Mmmm. These look good. Love quesadillas.

Diane said...

You captured a beautiful shot of that moon last night.

The food looks good. Thanks for the recipe.

Sheila Rumney said...

Sounds yummy! Have a great week.

val said...

sounds great....will try these next time we do them! I'm stash burning myself yay!!!

Sam I Am...... said...

That does sound good! I'll have to try it as I am eating less and less meat it seems. I will probably never make it to vegetarian but I'm doing my level best! Plus, if a 14 year old likes it it's got to be really good! They don't like anything do they? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

This sounds delicious and I know my husband would love them. Lots of good-for-you fiber, too. Think we'll have them for dinner later this week.

Yvonne said...

We eat Mexican food around here several times a week. Tonight we are having chicken cooked with a Panko coating and we'll hve rice on the side, with another side of veggies from last years garden (the last bit from the freezer).

Teresa Kasner said...

Tammy, you should pop over to my blog post I just did, my DIL gave me some old lace doilies and they are amazing! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Mrs. Micawber said...

Kids love quesadillas - and what a great way to get some spinach into a picky teenager. :)

These look fantastic. I love anything cheesy and spinach-y.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've never added spinach but that would add some flavor and good vitamins to this dish! I may make this soon! I make my own tortillas...they are really easy to make. Sweet hugs!

Susan said...

Mmmmm, that sounds really good, Tammy. WIll have to try that. Take care and hope you have a nice Tuesday. Susan

Createology said...

Very healthy and delicious sounding. Love the sliver of moon. Wonderful Week to you dear...

La Tea Dah said...

What a great recipe! I am eager to try it. I'm sure I'll love it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Tanna said...

Yum. This one looks quick and delicious!! Thank you!

That hacky sack is awesome! Makes me consider trying to weild a hook instead of needles!! ;)

Have a wonderful week!! blessings ~ tanna

Ana said...

Yum, sounds delish. Don't know why this morning I woke uo super hungry...now I'm even more hungry :-) Thanks for sharing your recipe. Wishing you a wonderful day.

Hugs,
❤Ana

Melissa said...

Sounds like a warm and hearty meal for the chilly nights we've been having. You know its a winner when your kids say it s good;)

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
And beans, any beans, are so healthy! You are a great cook!
Hugs,
Mariette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...