Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Last nite I went yarn shopping with my friends Kathy and Susana. I love yarn!

I make crocheted pumpkins every year. Slip them in cards or give them as magnets.

I also crochet treat bags and attach the little pumpkins to the front.

This is me and Melissa doing our Charlies Angels moves on Susana -- Christmas a couple of years ago. That's a whole 'nother story. Susana is very talented with stitching, knitting, painting, and the list goes on.

Here are some of her recent teatowels for Thanksgiving.



"The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest." (William Blake)
A little Autumn gift I put together for a friend.

"The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings." (Henry Ward Beecher)
Happy Thankful Thursday to you all! Peace & blessings, Tammy

8 comments:

Rita said...

Hi Tammy,
just like you I'm a blogging novice as started mine in July, too. Still tricky things to learn but it's fun. Got tobe glad your cousin talked you into blogging as you are doing a great job. Nice pics and all.
I love vintage and shabby chic home decor, tea and coffee sets, and simply crazy about roses.
if you have time for a quick peep come and visit me at http://ritashabbychicrose.blogspot.com/
It'll be nice to cyber-meet you again and, why ot, even read a comment
Blessings
Rita from Rita's Shabby Chic Rose

GwendolynKay said...

So this is the lovely lady who made our camel tea towels? She does such wonderful work! She does not look too scared of you and Mellisa's attack . Ha! I love that picture. you have long hair and look like you did as a teen ager.

Those little pumpkins are adorable. They would make great magnets as you said. loving your new background!
love ya!

Anonymous said...

You have been a busy girl today changing the look of your blog. It looks nice. I love the quilty look has. Your yarn shop makes Barakat look like a place for kids to play. I love all the colors. I already know that you bought a bunch of yarn, so happy crocheting to you. The pumpkins looks awfully familiary. I am sure there are many people who will enjoy their new magnet.
In regards to Gwen's comment, Susana does not look afraid of Melissa and Tammy, but she does not look like she is enjoying the attack as much as Gwen did!!! HA!

Renee

Bunnym said...

I grandmother taught me to crochet, but I've always wanted to learn to knit. I need to do something when I'm sitting down watching TV. I am trying to look for a beginners class around but no luck yet. That Halloween bag is cute...if only I could make one. Good Friends are hard to find...

tootles,
bunny

Melissa said...

Love the new look. You have been a busy pumpkin haven't you. (pun intended). I haven't seen that picture yet with you and Susana. Is it gonna be a part of your Charlie's Angel's blog??? You need to tell these poor ladies how you got here to Kuwait. I think their suspense is about to explode. As always, Susana knows how to make the cutest tea towels. I need her to make me some camel ones for next year.

Anonymous said...

Love those cute little crocheted pumpkins - adorable!
Laura

Elaine said...

Love the way you are getting caught up in everthing crafty and having fun with your blog. I need a few lessons from Gwen yet.
Love your aunt

Unknown said...

Love the Charlie's Angel moves! lol What a fun photo.
Xo, Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...