Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy Pink Saturday

Although I haven't officially joined Pink Saturday with any other blog out there, I am still posting pink stuff. Below are flowers that you can find growing around Kuwait -- they can be shaped into bushes or grow like hanging vines, and come in a variety of colors. Thought I would share a couple with you that I snapped as I was out and about yesterday.


October also launched Breast Cancer Awareness Month so pink will be more prominent than ever!

•The pink ribbon is an internationally recognized symbol of hope and awareness in the fight against breast cancer.
Check out this pen my friend and hairdresser gave me. I just love the idea! Ballpoint pen, florists tape and a silk flower.


I found this information about the psychology of color: Brighter pinks are youthful, fun, and exciting, while vibrant pinks have the same high energy as red; they are sensual and passionate without being too aggressive. Toning down the passion of red with the purity of white results in the softer pinks that are associated with romance and the blush of a young woman's cheeks. It's not surprising that when giving or receiving flowers, pink blossoms are a favorite. Pink is the color of happiness and is sometimes seen as lighthearted. For women who are often overworked and overburdened, an attraction to pink may speak of a desire for the more carefree days of childhood.
Hope you all have a carefree day and a fantastic weekend! Peace & blessings, Tammy

4 comments:

Bunnym said...

Pink roses are my favorite and I should be getting some from my hubby very soon. What kind of flowers are those? They look like a cross between a bougainvillea and some sort of succulent.

tootles,
bunny

Anonymous said...

You are becoming wiser by the day. I love it. The flowers look beautiful right now. We are actually getting some green now after the rain a few weeks back. I love the pen. They do that a lot here. They look REALLY cute when you do it with Gerber Daisies as the flower. Lots of people will stick them in terra cotta pots with dried pinto beans in there. Stick the flower in the beans, and you have an instant potted flower. Really cute! Hope you loved your pink Saturday. Thinking of you, as always!

Renee

aynzan said...

thanks for your comments! My children love to draw and paint on the computer - with the help of the "Paint" program. And that is supposed to be cyber-painting.

GwendolynKay said...

I THOUGHT NOTHING GREW IN KUWAIT?! THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL! I HOPE YOU WILL JOIN IN OFFICAILY FOR THE PINK SATURDAYS. IT IS GREAT FUN AND YOU MEET SO MANY NICE PEOPLE. I WILL EMAIL YOU SOMETHING, IN CASE YOU WANT TO GIVE IT A GO! LOVE YA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...