Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Fun and Finishes

This is Jingles. She is sitting on top of a three tiered basket I have in the hallway that holds balls of yarn. I kept wondering why all of a sudden she was jumping up there all the time.

Then I figured out what she was doing. She knocks the balls down one by one.

And then the FUN begins.


When she was little, we came home from school one day to find that she had taken several balls of yarn and chased them all over the house -- from room to room, around table legs and chairs. It was hilarious to see, but not so easy to untangle it all! It seems cats never lose their playfulness and curiousity!

I came across a blog during the week that showed how to make "Halloween lanterns". I didn't have really thin orange tissue paper, but used what I had to come up with this candleholder. I still need to either paint around the rim or add some ribbon to finish it off.

Last nite I gave the shelf in my dining room some bling with the pretty jeweled ribbon I bought some time back.


I hope you are all having a fabulous Friday. I leave you with this quote:
In our daily lives, we must see
That it is not happiness that makes us grateful,
But the gratefulness that makes us happy.
(Albert Clarke)

13 comments:

DeeDee said...

Hi Tammy

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today....my crosses are done on a embroidery machine...I make some really pretty cross book markers to if you scan back thru my posts...Please fell free to come by and visit again, as you can see I post often and directions when I can..have a great weekend..
DeeDee
deedeescraftspiot.blogspot.com

DeeDee said...

Oh yeah I love your kittens....miss mine lots and great little pumpkin jar...I might need to try one of these one day soon...

GwendolynKay said...

I LOVE THE QUOTE. VERY GOOD ONE. JINGLES IS A RIOT. THAT IS SO FUNNY! SADIE STILL STINKS LIKE SKUNK ON OCCASION. LIKE TODAY SHE WAS OUT IN THE RAIN AND IT SEEMS TO BRING IT OUT. YUCK! I LOVE YOUR BLING RIBBON!! SO PRETTY , LIKE JEWELRY!
LOVE,GWEN

Anonymous said...

I love that quote. I have my 7 truths coming up on Sunday. I did a little different slant. 7 truths that I believe in, that make me, me.
QMM

Bunnym said...

I just love that cat! Tammy, have a great weekend...


tootles,
bunny

Elaine said...

Love the "yarns" of jingles. Ha! She looks like she had a good time. I reconize the boxes with the stamps that the boys make here one summer.

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Tammy,
I will take that quote to heart tonight - thank you for sharing it with us. That Jingles is darling making her own little yarn game. Happy weekend!
~Tracie

Melissa said...

I am grateful for having a wonderful friend like you. Jingles is a riot. I'm sure if I gave my cat a chance, she would "LOVE" to have a go at it. She just runs around like a crazy mad man. Maybe I'll just get her some yarn for the heck of it. Of course, my place had more wide open spaces so it probally wouldn't have such a funny effect as yours did.

Melissa said...

OOPS! Forgot to comment on your bling. Love the idea. I tell ya, such a simple idea that I would have never thought of. I'm still working on my creativity bone.

Melissa said...

Oh yeah, and your jack o lantern is sooooo cute. Girl you make me sick. Stop making us look so bad:)

Anonymous said...

What a kick to see Jingles running around with your yarn again. I remember hearing the story the first time around when she was a kitten, and did the same thing. That cat has got some really crazy blood in her. What a lovely simple pleasure to be able to smile at a cat just having fun!!!!!!!!! LOVE your shelf bling!! Hope you have a wonderful Saturday!!

Love,
Renee

June said...

Tammy, I love the quote and it's truth. Just beautiful.
I'm laughing over what you must have thought when you came home to the kitty mischief. How cute!
Your shelf and it'e display is just lovely.
Hugs,
June

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Jingles is precious! I think he thinks that you keep that yarn there just for him!!! Those are HIS balls of yarn!!! haha
You have been crafty girl! I don't know how you find the time to do all what you do. Amazing~
everything vintage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...