Sunday, August 9, 2009

Forget cleaning

I decided not to clean so much today and do some crafting instead; especially since Gwen challenged me to get some things made by tomorrow.



The first is a bookmark that combines card, scrapbook paper and cross-stitching; the middle is a card I made with a garden picture I took while in Wooster, OH;








and the last is a coffee can that I wrapped with scrapbook paper. It says "Hugs & Kisses" -- and the quote at the bottom is "There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate." I will get some pink netting or tissue paper and wrap up Hershey's kisses to place inside. "Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality overcomes everything." (George Lois)

3 comments:

GwendolynKay said...

CRAZY! I COULD HAVE SWORN I LEFT A COMMENT HERE EARLIER TODAY! I MUST HAVE SCREWED IT UP. WHOOPSY! ANYWAY.. GIRL , YOU ARE ROCKIN THIS OUT. LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF WORK ON THE BOOKMARK, VERY NICE AND I RECOGNIZE THE YARN ON IT. YOU ALREADY HAVE MORE IN YOUR JOURNAL THAN I DO MINE. MAYBE BECAUSE I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE WAY IT TURNED OUT. I WILL DO IT OVER AND SEE IF THAT INSPIRES ME MORE. AND THE CHOCOLATE CAN. I SAY AMEN TO THAT SISTER!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have pages from magazines all over the place and have always wanted to organize them, especially when I remember I tore out a certain recipe and then can never find it. This keeps it all in one place and is working out nicely. You were writing lists in your's -- that's not very inspiring. Forget lists and only put in there what makes you happy! :)T

Anonymous said...

Your creativity is so much fun to see. I love the projects you have been working on, especially the picture you took in Wooster that you made into a card. Very nice!!

Renee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...